- Very good
- Very good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
gedit is fully compatible with:
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
gedit is also compatible with
gedit is also available in other platforms
Versions of gedit
|gedit 2.30.2 09/08/11||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- Easy to use
- Supports a huge range of languages
- Supports remote editing
- Plugins extend functionality
- Doesn't allow inserting of multimedia content
- May seem limited without plugins
"Great choice if you want a free, open source, and easy to use text editor."
Very stable, easy and clean interface. It's gtk dependance provides an quiet simple way to change it's look completely, by simply changing the theme settings with the corresponding tool (for example, gtk-theme-switch2, for gkt2 in GNU/Linux platform). There aren't so many cons, but to name one, this isn't the fastest FLOSS text editor out there. It could be lightened a bit.
- Clean Interface
- Support for reserved words highlight in many languages
- Great reliability and stability
- An enormous growing community providing support.
- Not the fastest text editor
- Same concept as in many other applications (it could be more innovative)
- 04 Aug 2013
Yesterday my father rang me wanting some help with opening a Microsoft Word document. He didn't have... See more
The complete Microsoft Office suite is quite expensive (with suggested retail prices starting at... See more